Education resources to help health professionals.
Learn how to prescribe, supply, dispense and claim PBS items.
We have two eLearning programs about the PBS:
- PBS for pharmacy outlines the requirements for supplying, dispensing and claiming PBS items
- PBS for prescribing is for health professionals prescribing PBS medicines in private practice and public hospitals
Tell us what you think about the eLearning programs
Your feedback will help us stay in touch with your needs and improve our services. Complete the evaluation within each eLearning program.
Watch our simulations to learn how to:
- request PBS Authority approval
- search PBS Authorities for an existing approval
- use form upload in HPOS
- create a PRODA account (you'll need one to use HPOS)
Read this infographic to learn about the Online PBS Authorities system.
Read these guides to help you understand prescribing, dispensing and claiming obligations when working with the PBS:
- Claiming checklist for community pharmacies
- Continued Dispensing Initiative - PBS requirements
- Dispensing and claiming for participating public hospitals
- Dispensing checklist for community pharmacies
- Efficient funding of chemotherapy
- Participating public hospitals writing PBS and RPBS prescriptions
- Prescribing, dispensing, and claiming HSDs
- Prescribing Esomeprazole under the PBS for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Prescribing PBS items
- Writing PBS and RPBS prescriptions
Read more about our website disclaimer.